Moomin – Painterly 3D in series (shared)
3D TV-series required painterly non-3d feeling. Result was to look at the old days and make a brush splat renderer inside Nuke. We take a look on what challenges and benefits we came arcross.
The rough outline of the speak is:
1. Why? The Assignment
2. Possible approaches and the selected one
3. What makes painterly look and what features we need?
4. How it helps in unforeseen ways?
5. What challenges there are?
6. Implementation: Point attributes and Blink
7. Future development